Thank you for visiting our Careers page!
Mission Statement: Dogs for the Deaf's mission is to professionally train dogs to help people and enhance lives while maintaining a lifelong commitment to all dogs we rescue and all people we serve.
Core Values: Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Compassion, Service, Professionalism
Dogs for the Deaf is currently recruiting for an
Reports to: Finance Director
Job Summary: Integral member of the Finance team, who performs specialized, technically advanced accounting, budgetary work and other financially related tasks to support the Finance Director. Provides timely and accurate financial information to employees, finance team and finance director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Preparation of journal entries
· Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
· Reconciliation of bank accounts and monitoring of available funds balances
· Prepare a variety of complex and recurring accounting-related reports, summaries, statistical reports and reconciliation
· Perform financial analyses, calculations related to posting and accounting functions
· Cross train for Accounts Payable
· Maintain the Fixed Asset system and associated depreciation journal entries, reconciliation
· Maintain CIP account spreadsheets
· Assist Finance Director with Annual Budget and Audit preparation support
· Solves problems and recommends changes in procedures in accordance with previous training and experience to enhance efficiencies and internal controls
· Special projects and tasks assigned by the finance director
BS/BA from an accredited college/university in accounting with three years progressively responsible accounting experience or equivalent technical accounting work experience.
· Strong work ethic
· Love and respect of dogs
· Solid Knowledge of GAAP, Accrual Accounting, Audit preparation, Fixed Asset accounting, Budget preparation and current accounting practices
· Initiative, effective problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
· Excellent Oral, Written and Interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills; work independently with minimal supervision
· Recognition of the importance of documentation and proven ability to maintain accurate records
· Maintain high level of integrity, confidentiality, ethical standards - assumes personal responsibility for scope of position
· Strong computer skills including: MS Office Suite, Modular Accounting systems
· Experience with Sage or MIP accounting software
· Advanced Accounting/Budget/ technical knowledge
· Possess broad knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
· Non-Profit, Fund Accounting experience
Note: This is a job description, not an employment contract. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The Accountant Position will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Finance Director or the management team.
Dogs for the Deaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently there are no other job openings at Dogs for the Deaf. Periodically check this page as any job openings will be posted here.
We keep all employment applications on file for 6 months.
Dogs for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.