Dogs for the Deaf, Inc. is registered as a non-profit corporation and qualifies as a tax exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Financial documents are available upon request
To request a copy of the current IRS 990 or our annual audit, please call us at (541) 826-9220 or email us at email@example.com. To view and dowload a copy of the most recent financial statement, click HERE. You may also view and download a copy of the current IRS 990 by clicking HERE.
Charity Navigator 4-star Rating
Dogs for the Deaf, Inc. has a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, America’s largest and most-utilized evaluator of charities. This is the highest rating possible and is awarded based on sound fiscal management practices and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Confidentiality of donor and volunteer information
Donor and volunteer information is kept strictly confidential in our donor data base that has password authorization only. Dogs for the Deaf's policy is to protect our donors and volunteers. One of the ways that we accomplish this is that we do not release mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, or any other information to anyone.
Dogs for the Deaf received an unqualified opinion on the annual financial statements for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2014. This is the highest level of opinion that can be issued by our auditors, Aiken & Sanders, Inc.
Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), Animal Charities of America (ACA) and United Way
- CFC is an annual fundraising drive held by federal employees and military personnel each year to help charities. Donations are made through payroll deduction. Dogs for the Deaf is listed in the "Animal Charities of America" section, #10969.
- Animal Charities of America (ACA) is a non-profit organization that pre-screens high quality animal related charities and presents them for your giving consideration.
- United Way improves lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world to advance the common good.
Through the generous support of CFC, ACA and United Way members, Dogs for the Deaf is able to continue to rescue dogs from shelters and train them to help people with a variety of disabilities and challenges.
Best in America Seal of Excellence
After rigourous independent review by Independent Charities of America, Dogs for the Deaf has been awarded the Best in America Seal of Excellence. Dogs for the Deaf met the highest standards of public accountability, program effectiveness, and cost effectiveness to be eligible to receive this seal. Of the approximately 1,000,000 charities operating in the United States today, fewer than 2,000 have been awarded this Seal. Dogs for the Deaf is very proud to be in this select group.
Professional fund raisers, co-ventures, fund raising counsel:
Dogs for the Deaf does not use any professional fund raisers, co-ventures, or fund raising counsel. All fund raising activities are done by staff or volunteers.
Compliance registration with state regulations
Most states require national charities to register with their states. Some states have specific information that is required to allow donors to access information about the charities filing with their state. Our philosophy at Dogs for the Deaf has always been to be extremely diligent in following state and federal rules and regulations. In order to continue this due diligence, we are posting the below information here on our website because various states are now requiring that we include it in all informational correspondence we send out.
Florida: A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Florida Division of Consumer Services by calling 1-800-435-7352 toll-free within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state.
- Maryland: A copy of the current financial statement of Dogs for the Deaf, Inc. is available by writing 10175 Wheeler Road, Central Point, Oregon 97502 or calling 1-800-990-3647. Documents and information submitted under the Maryland Solicitations Act are also available, for the cost of postage and copies, from the Maryland Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD, 21401, 410-974-5534.
- Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of Dogs for the Deaf, Inc. may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-888-236-6167. Registration by the Secretary of State does not imply endorsement by the Secretary of State.
- New Jersey: Information filed with the Attorney General concerning this charitable solicitation and the percentage of contributions received by the charity during the last reporting period that were dedicated to the charitable purpose may be obtained from the Attorney General of New Jersey by calling 973-504-6215 and is available on the internet at http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm Registration with the Attorney General does not imply endorsement.
- New York: A copy of our latest annual report may be obtained, upon request, from Dogs for the Deaf, Inc. or from the New York State Attorney General’s Charities Bureau, Attn: FOIL Officer, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.
- North Carolina: Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 1-888-830-4989. The license is not an endorsement by the State.
- Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of Dogs for the Deaf, Inc. may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
- Virginia: The official registration and financial information of Dogs for the Deaf, Inc. may be obtained from the Virginia State Office of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer affairs at PO Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218 upon request. Registration does not imply endorsement.
- Washington: The official registration and financial information of Dogs for the Deaf, Inc. may be obtained from the Washington Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-800-332-GIVE. Registration by the Secretary of State does not imply endorsement by the Secretary of State.
- West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, West Virginia, 25305. Registration does not imply endorsement.