How YOU Can Help
There are many ways for contributing to the special work we do to accomplish Dogs For The Deaf’s mission. No matter what the amount, your contribution will help us in the process of saving dogs and helping people.
- Donate online or mail in a donation
- Make a donation in honor of a loved one or to commemorate a special occasion
- Set up a recurring donation
- Donate through your estate
- Donate an automobile, motor home, boat, ATV etc.
- Naming opportunities - you, your family, or your pet's name permanently affixed to a room, project, or building at DFD. Opportunities range from $5,000.00 to $100,000.00. Please contact our Development Director at (541) 826-9220 for more details.
- Contribute to a permanent memorial in honor of a loved one in our Field of Memories
- Hold your own fundraiser - Before holding a fundraiser for DFD, please print, fill out, and send a FUNDRAISING AGREEMENT form to us. To download and print the FUNDRAISING AGREEMENT, click HERE.
- Use an idea from our Other Ways to Give page
The total cost of operating Dogs for the Deaf, Inc. comes from contributions from:
- Service Clubs
- Memorial Designations
- Corporate Matching Gifts
"Over 30 years ago I did television interviews with DFD founder Roy Kabat. His dream turned into reality that has operated with consistent purpose, clear focus, and financial accountability. DFD is without doubt one of the best run non-profits you'll find anywhere."
-Marvin Rhodes, DFD Board Member
Of course the needs of the dogs vary widely. As a result, so do our expenses.
- $100.00 to $1,000.00 Initial vaccinations, vet eval and tests, plus spaying/neutering
- $300.00 to $1,000.00 Rescuing a dog from a shelter which may include travel throughout the western United States to visit a partner shelter for selection and evaluation
- $1,000.00 Initial testing of the dog for alertness and aptitude for training
- $1,500.00 Taking a dog through the entire quarantine/evaluation period in preparation for training
- $2,000.00 Follow up visits to three teams
- $3,000.00 Costs for placement week, going to client's home with the dog, training the client, and transferring the dog to the client
- $10,000.00 - approximately 4 to 6 months of professional training, veterinary care, grooming, room and board, nutritious dog food, etc. All love, hugs, pets, belly rubs are FREE!Dogs for the Deaf is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization approved by the IRS. Donations are tax deductible according to current laws.
NO TAX DOLLARS support our programs.